Kayaking Bowman Bay, Anacortes, Washington - September 2017

This is the second of three posts about the trip to see my sister in Washington state. After we got done kayaking Pass Lake, we headed over to Bowman Bay, but it was very foggy so we decided to come back another day... I'm so glad we did!

This is a bay directly next to Deception Pass. Here's where it is:



I think this was my sister's first time kayaking in the ocean but the water was pretty calm so it wasn't too scary and oh so beautiful!




We headed out to the north around Rosario Head and right near Northwest Island we saw some seals! They stayed with us for a few minutes. They are quick and I was only able to get this photo (they are those blips in the water).


After that we decided to head south past Lighthouse Point and the water was so smooth (plus there was not a lot of boat traffic) that we even went out a little into Deception Pass in view of the bridge. Such a beautiful place!




BIL once again went above and beyond and had hiked up Lighthouse Point to wave down at us and take this amazing photo.


Out on the water really is where I belong.

One more post about our trip to the Olympic Peninsula the next day!

More photos from my trips to Washington here.

Comments