Hiking Malibu Creek State Park, Malibu, CA - August 2017

In the last few posts we were in England traipsing around the Peak District with V&T and then they came to visit the west coast a few months later to watch the solar eclipse. They were able to spend a few days in LA and we headed out to Malibu Creek State Park in the hopes of doing some wild swimming (well, V wanted to do some anyway!).

Here's where we were:


I'd been to this park many times before, but only in the spring. This day was sunny and clear and oh so very warm! The creek was completely dried up.


I don't think I'd realized how much of the trail is in full sun. It was toasty.



My photos from this area are usually full of beautiful wildflowers, but this time of year they were scarce. Here are a couple that we did see.



We hiked over to the M*A*S*H site and visited the handful of redwoods (that seemed a bit dry but offered some much appreciated shade) with some cool views over the dam.





Then we headed back and took a little turn-off to visit Century Lake for V's much needed swim. Even with a sighting of what I believe to be a kingsnake (it was red, black and white striped) nearby she still jumped in and I'm sure it was refreshing.



You can see more of my photos from MCSP in the album.



Comments