Hiking Henninger Flats, Altadena, CA - July 2018

My friend D invited me to join her and some co-workers on an early morning hike of Henninger Flats in Altadena - part of the Eaton Canyon Natural Area. I'd never hiked that area and it had been some time since I'd been out in nature so I accepted the invite right away. It seemed a bit early to me (7am I believe), but after the hike I realized why - it's pretty much a full sun trail and almost entirely up hill! I was glad we had the coolness of the morning still in the air as we hiked up that mountain. Here's where we were:



Out and back is 5 miles. Just the right length. Really nice views from the top and that campsite up there was pretty empty. Would be peaceful to camp there - so close to LA but feels so far away.

Here is some more information about it and some photos.





Comments