Hiking Daley Ranch, Escondido, CA - July 2018

I went back and forth about including this post in the blog because I forgot my camera and phone so didn't take any photos - plus, I just don't have much to say! But I decided to include it so that I'll know I've been there if I'm in the area again. Here's where it is:



Here is a trail map and some good info about this location.

I went with A and I have to say that we didn't expect it to be so hot. It was steaming hot and most of the trail was in full sun so by the time we were headed back to the parking lot I think I was on the verge of heat exhaustion. We made sure to drink lots of water and sports drinks and jumped right in her pool when we got back!

In general, it was a nice hike with some bodies of water and elevation changes, but just too hot! I recommend to bring lots of water and a hat.

Comments