Quick trip to Franklin Canyon Park - March 2015



Not much to say about this, but I wanted to include it here on the blog because I was surprised at how much it felt like we were out in the wilderness although we were right in the middle of the Hollywood Hills. It was my first trip to Franklin Canyon. Here's where we were:



We entered from the north. Parking was free and plentiful (although it was a Friday around 3pm so might be more crowded on the weekend).

Full map here: http://www.lamountains.com/maps/franklinCanyon.pdf
We hiked around a bit on some short trails and spent some time looking at ducks on the pond. At one point, we stumbled upon some huge bullfrogs (3) that were disguised in the mud/muck. I don't think I'd ever seen a bullfrog before so that was great.

And here are a couple of photos I took along the way:


American Bullfrog (Lithobates catesbeianus)




Comments