Snow (!) at Mt. Baker and Nooksack Falls, Washington - February 2015


When I went to Michigan for Christmas this year we didn't even have a flake of snow so in February when I was in Washington visiting my sister we headed up to Mt. Baker to get our snow fix.

Here's where we were:



We got there when they were about to close so didn't spend too much time in the Lodge, but the drive up was beautiful. The Lodge had some historic photographs on the walls. I can't imagine trying to climb the mountain today let alone back in the early 1900s without modern-day equipment like in this image from the Forest History Society:

Men standing on Easton Glacier, Mount Baker, Washington National Forest, 1916
From the Lodge area you can't really see Mt. Baker, but Mt. Shuksan is just as beautiful.




On the way back down we turned off at a sign for Nooksack Falls and I'm really glad we did. They may have been the largest falls I've seen up close (in terms of width) and were beautiful. Washington feels like a jungle right now compared to drought-stricken Southern California.






Check out more of my photos from Washington State in my album.


Comments