Anacortes to Snoqualmie Falls, WA - August 2014



When we were up in Washington for my sister's wedding in August I knew we needed to get out into the outdoors and see some sights. Once I saw photos of the alpine meadows at Mt. Rainier I was set on going there but we wanted to take our time.

After checking out of our hotel in Anacortes we headed to Mt. Erie and Deception Pass. I wrote more about those places in a post back in fall of 2012 so I'll just include some photos here. They are just as impressive as I remembered:

Mt. Baker from Mt. Erie
Photo from Mt. Erie by Thomas Horvath
Photo from Mt. Erie by Thomas Horvath
Ponderous Spur-throat Grasshopper (Melanoplus ponderosus)
Dark-eyed Junco (Junco hyemalis)
Deception Pass
After stopping at the "Shrimp Shack" for some shellfish sustenance we started our drive down to Mt. Rainier, about 4 hours south of Anacortes. In order to break it up a bit, we detoured to Snoqualmie Falls. Here's where we were:



The falls were beautiful and the light was just right.

Photo of Snoqualmie Falls by Thomas Horvath

After leaving the falls we made our way south through lots of little towns. As the light faded we got our first glimpse of Rainier.


Check out more photos from the trip in my Washington State set.


Comments