FIELD TRIP! Kauai, Hawaii - November 2013


Since T and I didn't have a lot of time for a honeymoon after the wedding before he returned to work, we decided to keep it close and go to Kauai! Friends and co-workers had told us great things about it and if it was anything like Maui (which I'd visited 2 years ago for a friend's wedding and wrote about here) I knew I would love it. Plus, no passport required!

We arrived on a Tuesday afternoon (straight from LA to Lihue) and after grabbing our rental car (a convertible Mustang!) we headed south to our hotel - the Sheraton at Poipu Beach. Due to the craziness of planning the wedding we decided not to plan anything for the honeymoon - just take it as it came. Over the next 5 days we enjoyed some delicious food, ziplined through a jungle, drove through canyons, visited waterfalls and a bird sanctuary and spent some time exploring the tide pools along the south shore.

Like with my last trip to Hawaii, I have many posts to write so this is a teaser of sorts for the posts to come. The following links will fill out as I finish the posts.

Post 1: Waimea Canyon
Post 2: Snorkeling on Poipu Beach
Post 3: Tide Pool Life on Poipu Beach
Post 4: Ziplining at Kipu Ranch
Post 5: KÄ«lauea Point National Wildlife Refuge

And here's a link to my Kauai album. Enjoy!

Comments

  1. Kauai on Flickr is breathtaking. Thanks so much for sharing so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment